Excellence in HSE management is one of the foundations of Rössing’s vision to be a safe, long-term supplier of U3O8 to the nuclear power industry around the world. This is in line with our commitment to corporate citizenship, social responsibility and sustainability.
To accomplish this, Rössing will –
- recognise that nothing is more important than the protection of the health and safety of our stakeholders, specifically our employees, contractors, host communities, clients and shareholders
- commit to operate our business with respect and care for both the local and global environment in order to prevent and mitigate residual pollution
- be in full compliance with all applicable legislation, standards and requirements
- seek continual improvement in HSE performance and adopt leading practice where applicable and feasible
- provide adequate training and resources to employees, contractors and visitors
- identify and assess hazards arising from our activities and manage associated risks to the lowest practical level
- enhance biodiversity protection by assessing and considering ecological values and land-use aspects in investment, operational and closure activities
- continue in our efforts to raise the awareness of HSE issues in our host communities
- regularly review our performance and publicly report our progress, and
- communicate our commitment to this HSE policy to all our stakeholders and ensure that
this policy is readily available to all our stakeholders.
In implementing this policy we will engage in constructive dialogue with our employees, contractors, host communities and all other stakeholders in sharing relevant information and responsibilities for meeting our requirements.
This policy is complemented by the HSE Strategy, which is also readily available to all our stakeholders.